Trust Receipt Financing
Trust receipt financing is working
capital for importers. It is beneficial when the importer
wants to use the goods as raw materials for production or
to distribute the goods before paying for it. The importer
has to repay the loan on the agreed due date.
This import loan is a short-term loan and is an agreement between the customer and the bank. With this agreement, the bank has the ownership of the imported goods and the customer's role is to use the goods for production or distribution only. On the maturity date, the customer shall fully repay the loan to the bank.
The import loan can be separated into 2 main categories as follows:
- - T/R Sight (L/C issued with condition to pay at sight or pay upon receiving the documents)
- - T/R Term (L/C issued with condition to pay within certain payment date that both buyer-seller agreed on the credit term)
- Liquidity support for importer. ]
- Can choose T/R in Thai Baht or other foreign currency.
- Interest rates are charged in Thai Baht or other foreign currency interest rates.
- Corporate customer
- Customer must have savings, current or foreign currency deposit account, and must have Trade Finance Facilities with UOB
- Trust Receipt Agreement
- Advice of Bills Arrival
- Subject to arrangement.
Note : Any services which require credit facility(ies),
credit approval must be granted first.