CyberBanking service, You
can make financial transactions by your own easier,
such as inquiry account balance, fund transfer within
your account or to others person in UOB bank and 9
local bank in Thailand, bill payment, online money
order and global fund transfer to your colleague around
the world, service 24 hours 7 days by a security standard
which you can be assured.
|How to apply service
3 steps to apply UOB CyberBanking service.
- Download the applications from UOB website (www.uob.co.th) or apply through the UOB branches on nationwide.
- Fill in the registration application and also, fill in mobile phone number to receive One Time Password (OTP) & sign your signature. (If a joint account type "or" must be signed by the joint account holder also).
- You send your application with attached (1 copy) of ID card or copy of Passport through the branch of your convenience.
After you get the User ID via email that provided in your application, you will receive a message (SMS) confirmation of registration services and UOB CyberBanking will send the password (PIN) to the address specified on the application within 7 days (only in Thailand).
With us, you will confident and secure with the security technology that recognized as international standard level. It will include as follows
- Data encryption technology with Secured Socket Layer (SSL) 128 bits.
- Networking and computer firewall technology.
- Especially for all financial transactions, we deliver with security 2 layers (Two-Factor Authentication technology or 2FA) with another password to use one time only(One Time Password).
|What is “One Time Password”?
One Time Password or OTP password is used to increase the level of security for personal information with your online transactions, which OTP 8-digit number that will be used only once per transaction for reduce risk in transactions rather than using a regular password identification only (User ID & Password).
|How to get “One Time Password”?
Application for existing customers and new customers available at our branch, you can contact the UOB branches as you convenient for filling a request to change information and services of UOB CyberBanking. With attached copy of ID card or passport copy (for foreigners) only 1 copy for register your mobile phone number. (Only the number that registered in Thailand only) Within 7 days from the date of your submission, you will receive SMS to confirm the registration.
like to suggest you on the security improvement
for UOB CyberBanking.
1. How to increase the security for UOB CyberBanking.
2. How to protect your computer from viruses
- The bank has enhanced more security
on its technology, Two-Factor Authentication
(2FA), to reduce risk when you transact
online. The system will ask you to fill
in One-Time Password (OTP), generated
from the system and send to you via SMS
when you log in to UOB CyberBanking as
a second verification in addition to
User ID and Password at http://www.uob.co.th.
You can visit any of the UOB branch to
register your mobile phone number for
receiving OTP via SMS.
- Regularly change your password to prevent
attack from hacker.
- Do not click at any attached link from
incoming email because hacker may attach
the URL address of the Phishing site to
the unaware user, but type the URL address
Verify the URL address of web site before
providing your User ID and Password – This
is to ensure that you will not provide
your identity to any Phishing website.
There are recent media reports of viruses
(Trojan horse malware) which targets local
banks. This malware, SpyEye, steals login
credentials such as User ID, passwords and
one-time passwords from the user. It can
also disable anti-virus protection and take
over control of your computer. So we would
like to suggest
you to protect your computer from
viruses as follows:
3. Guidelines for using UOB CyberBanking
- Do not open attachments or follow web
links in unsolicited emails from unknown
parties, or suspicious parties
- Install an anti-virus software, and
ensure that it is regularly updated
- Scan your computer regularly for viruses
or malware, or turn on automatic scanning
- Ensure your computer is regularly patched
against security vulnerabilities
UOB CyberBanking is the banking service
on the Internet. Customers can make transaction
everywhere and anytime. So we would like
to suggest the guidelines
for using UOB CyberBanking as follows:
- You should verify the last visiting date
after successfully logon to UOB CyberBanking
- You should not leave their computer unattended
while the UOB CyberBanking is logged in.
- You should log off the UOB CyberBanking
once your transaction is finished.
- After every session, please sign off
from the UOB CyberBanking. Click the
Sign Off button from the top-right menu.
After signing off, you may click sign
on again to come back to UOB CyberBanking
or click http://www.uob.co.th to
go to UOBT’s homepage.
- You should check the accuracy of transactions
every time when you make transaction via
- You should remove the temporary Internet
files of websites you visit
- Follow these steps: (For IE 6.0 and
- Select "Tools" from the Menu Bar.
- Select "Internet Options".
- Select "General" tab.
- Click the "Delete Files" button
under Temporary Internet files.
- Click "OK" to exit the dialogue box.
- Do not disclose your User ID, password
and one-time password for access to UOB
CyberBanking to other person
- You should avoid using other person's
computer or public-access computers for
logging in to the UOB CyberBanking
- You should avoid visiting unknown websites
and do not open unknown or suspicious attachments
- Always read your SMS notifications carefully,
and do not enter any OTP (one-time passwords)
for transactions that you did not initiate
- Please notify the Bank immediately at
UOB Call center T.0-2285-1555 if you have
any problems with this service
|For more information, please contact UOB Call center T. 0-2285-1555 or contact via e-mail, UOBCyberBanking@uob.co.th