Warning messages for UOB Healthy Wealth
- This product is a life insurance product and is not a deposit. To secure the complete benefit of the policy contract, the policyholder should make premium payments thoroughly throughout the premium payment period as well as holding the policy contract until its maturity. In case the policy contract is terminated prior to its maturity, the policyholder is subject to risk of not getting the premium paid or not getting the premium paid back in the full amount.
- It is the responsibility of the Insured to make premium payments. Life insurance brokers only facilitate the service.
- The applicant should study and understand policy terms and conditions, as well as the exclusions as stated in sales materials and life insurance policy before making a decision to apply for life insurance.
- The Insured has rights to cancel the policy within 15 days from the date of receiving it. The company will then return the outstanding premium paid after deducting 500 Baht per policy for actual medical check-up expense and any other expenses.
- This document is not an insurance contract. Details of coverage and exclusions are stated in the life insurance policy.
- Renewal premiums are subject to change. Which is as specified by the company
- The Insured should understand that UOB Healthy Wealth is the marketing name of Term life (1/1) (Non-participating) and HA Wealth rider
Conditions for non-coverage
- In case of material misrepresentation or false statement, the Company shall void the policy within 1 years from the policy effective date or the renewal date or the reinstatement date or the date the Company approves the increase of sum assured, only for the increased amount.
- The Insured commits suicide within 1 year from the policy effective date or the renewal date or the reinstatement date or the date the Company approves the increased sum assured, only for the increased amount, or is murdered by the beneficiary.
The Company will not pay benefits under this rider for any chronic disease, injury or illness (including complications) which has not been cured prior to the initial effective date of this rider unless:
- The Insured has disclosed to the Company and the Company accepts the risk without any condition, or
- Chronic disease, injury or illness (including complications) is asymptomatic, has not been treated or diagnosed by a doctor, or the Insured not having seen or consulted with a doctor within 5 years prior to the date of the policy contract in which the coverage begins for the first time and in a period of 3 years from the date this rider becomes effective for the first time.
Waiting Period: HA Wealth Rider
This rider does not cover any illnesses or expenses from any medical treatment which occur in a particular period of time from the effective date of this rider or the date the Company approves to increase the benefit of this rider, whichever occurs the latest, as follows
- Illnesses which occur within thirty days (30 days) from the effective date of this rider
- Health checkup/ eye examination/ vaccination that occurs within the period of 12 months
- Dental examination that occurs within a period of 90 days
- Illness with the following diseases occurring within a period of 120 days:
- Tumors, cysts or cancer of all types
- Hernia of all types
- Pterygium or cataracts
- Tonsillectomy or Adenoidectomy
- Calculi of all types
- Varicose veins
In the event that the Company approves to increase the benefit of this rider, the Company will not provide coverage only the part of increased benefits. The Company will not exercise terms and conditions on Waiting Period in the case that the Insured gets an injury or undergoes an emergency surgery that does not result from pre-existing conditions.
Examples of Exclusions for HA Wealth Rider
- Disorders resulting from congenital conditions, or developmental issues or genetic diseases, or anomalies in physical development
- Cosmetic surgery or beautification treatment or surgery that can be replaced by other treatments, except wound care as a result of an accident
- Pregnancy, miscarriage, abortion, childbirth
- AIDS or venereal disease or sexually transmitted diseases
- Health checkup; request for hospitalization, or request for surgery, rehabilitation, diagnosis for injury or sickness, treatment or diagnosis that is not medically required or not up to the accepted medical standard
Remark: Please refer to detailed information of exclusions specified in the life insurance policy
The Insured can file a complaint via the following channels:
- Customer Service Center, Prudential Life Assurance (Thailand) Public Company Limited
944 Mitrtown Office Tower, 10th, 29th-31st Floor, Rama 4 Road, Wangmai, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Tel: 1621 (Office hours);
Fax: 0 2353 4888; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Overseas Bank, all branches, or UOB’s Customer Service Center Tel. 0 2285 1555 or www.uob.co.th
- The Office of Insurance Commission – OIC Hotline Tel. 1186
- For life insurance policy with coverage period for less than 10 years, life insurance premiums cannot be used as tax benefits which is in accordance with the conditions of the Revenue Department
- Premium of health protection rider can be used as a tax benefit up to 25,000 baht per year. However, when combined with life insurance premiums that can utilize tax benefits up to 100,000 baht per year (subject to the conditions of Revenue Department)
UOB, in its capacity as the insurance broker license number Chor 00026/2545 will facilitate the insurance transaction and premium payments only, while Prudential Life Assurance (Thailand) Public Company Limited will be responsible for providing the coverage and benefits as stated in the insurance contract.